NSW Health has developed this online training to support NSW tobacco retailers and staff to comply with tobacco retailing laws when selling tobacco, non-tobacco smoking products, smoking accessories, e-cigarettes and e-cigarette accessories. The online training will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Learn about important legal requirements under the Public Health (Tobacco) Act 2008 and actions you must take to comply. You will learn to:
• Take appropriate action to ensure you do not sell tobacco products, non-tobacco smoking products or e-cigarettes and e-cigarette accessories to minors.
• Identify what forms of identification you can accept as proof of a person’s age.
• Identify which items you cannot display in your store and the steps you would take to ensure they are out of sight.
• Identify tobacco products which are illegal to sell.
• Ensure that tobacco products, non-tobacco smoking products, smoking accessories, e-cigarettes and e-cigarette accessories are only sold from one cash register.
Store owners can also learn about additional legal obligations for the display of signage, advertising methods and notification to commence tobacco retailing.
For more information click on the link below