Weekly promotional capping will be updated to reflect the new 30/180 carton configuration. Retailers will not be disadvantaged by purchasing the larger configuration. Example of new promotional cap carton configuration calculation;
- If store X has a promo cap of 10x 30/120 cartons per week
- 10 x 120 sticks = 1,200 sticks per week
- 1,200 sticks / 180 = 6.66 cartons per week
- Store will be given a promo cap of 7x 30/180 cartons per week (rounded-up)
How will this affect rebates?
Off-Invoice rebates: This will only impact Winfield Original 30/120 (as it is the only 30/120 sub-trademark with an on-invoice component in the August promotional calendar).
- Winfield Original 30/120 August on-invoice rebate = $4.20 ($1.05 per packet equivalent)
- Winfield Original 30/180 additional deferred on-invoice rebate = $2.10 ($2.10 + $4.20 = $6.30) ($1.05 per packet equivalent)
This deferred rebate will be paid alongside deferred promotions at the end of the promotional period and will not be visible on myBAT at the time of purchase or on your purchase invoice.
Deferred rebates: Will be in-line with the 30/120 per packet equivalent.
The 4 Ps
Price lists – In line with the pending September AWOTE announcement on the 19th August, BAT is releasing a price list effective 30th August 2021.
The price lists can be found under price lists and are marked TO BE CONFIRMED. These price lists factor in a 1.7% AWOTE however, if it is different, BATA reserves the right to re-address the price list if required.
PML – Current Harmony 20s case deal continues. Bond St Classic 20s/30s case deal reduced.
Imperial – Reduced case deals on JPS + Crushball 25s. Increased rebate on Parker & Simpson 25s.
BAT – Holiday 20s continue. Winfield 30 Org & Opt in relevant states have both 4 pack and 6 pack case deals.
Price per stick and price boards – all spreadsheets updated and are under promotions.